Recently I’ve been doing more “full body” workouts as opposed to “splits” (breaking the body up into “days” or “parts”). My reasoning being: I feel more accomplished afterward, I sweat more — always a plus, and full body workouts are oftentimes more exciting.
So, if you’re like me and starting this Monday off without a plan of attack for the gym, give this full body workout a try and let me know how it goes! PS: Make sure to take tomorrow off and stretch/rest since your entire body will be in recovery mode.
- Warm-Up: 5-10 minutes of stairs or incline walking followed by dynamic stretches
- Banded X Walks: 2×10 each leg
- Banded Curls: 2×10
- DB Squat Thrusters: 3×12 — Pick a pair of DBs that’s challenging to shoulder press by 12 — those should be perfect for thrusters
- Barbell Biceps Curls: 3×12
- Super Set: Lat Pull-Downs and Push-Ups — 3×10 each
- Heavy DB Walking Lunges: 3×10 each leg
- Hanging Leg Raises: 2×10-15
- Tri-Set: 3×10 each
- Jump Squats
- Bodyweight Reverse Lunges
- Bench Dips
- Russian Twists
Make sure to drink plenty of water before and after! Oh — and take some time to stretch and/or foam roll at the end, your body will thank you tomorrow. Happy sweating!
Photo by Maria Fernanda Gonzalez on Unsplash
3 Comments Add yours
Saving can’t wait to try!
Let me know how it goes!
LikeLiked by 1 person